Sunday, October 14, 2012

Our Legoland Trip Part 1

I'm sure everyone's waiting for this blog post! I just can't wait to show you the awesome photos we took in MALAYSIA LEGOLAND!! 

It feels horrible to wake up early in the morning after a late night taunting with a maternal cousin at Hougang estate. Terribly, I rolled out of my cozy bed forcefully at nearly 0700hrs. As usual, dad was roaring at us for dilly-dallying. Fortunately, we were still able to reach Golden Mile at 0730hrs.

DURING THE BUS RIDE
It was a short bus ride from Goldenmile in Singapore. All the kids were merrymaking in the bus while the adults were trying their utmost best to fight the growing boredom. Personally, I wasn't in the least jubilant which wholly explained why I putted up a pretty tense-up look on display. In fact, behind all that cheerful facade appearing in the photos, I was a grumpy and unhappy man. 
I was like, let's try not to spoil that convivial mood of everyone. When boredom stroke the kids, every single one of them pulled out a game device to kill the striking bore-monster. 
Apparently, I have no idea where the moodiness during the whole course of the trip stems from. If I were to look at a very specific point of view, I regret the choice of putting Hui Jie together with my family at the trip.

Don't get me wrong. It's just that, there was this unspeakable weird feeling ballooned inside me when he came along with us. When I poured out that displeasure to my sister, she humorously joked, 'Sigh, now all our photos are 'tainted' with him. It's a shame that most of our group pictures were him instead of you'.

Yeah, I was assigned as a photographer by Aunt Lynn that day. Technically, It should be Hui Jie assigned with that role. Hence, it was super hilarious when he appeared inside in all our family photos. 

LEGOLAND, HERE WE COME!
Kids, kids, kids. A fun and memorable paradise for young kids and tween. The famous Lego symbolizes the childhood of every 90s kids. When I was younger, building Lego blocks was my leisure, my all-time favorite. Unfortunately, I lost contact with them when I attended secondary school. 
A 'family' portrait we took at the entrance of  Legoland Malaysia. The downside of being an assigned photographer is that he will never be included in the photos.
As both Chee Choon and Yu Teng are under 12 years of age, they were charged at a child's rate. Lucky Chee Choon who managed to escape from the Adult rates.
Honestly, we did not do any planning. As majority of our groups are kids, we mainly touched on the kids' rides. Duh, Legoland is a place to be for kids anyway.
Honestly speaking, the gifts presented at their souvenir shops are not appealing in the slightest. Some may look pretty cute but the prices are placed at an unreasonable amount.
A lego block that fetched at RM12.95. That's daylight robbery.
RIDES
Sigh, the rides at theme park are the same world over. What appears on the signboard looks attractive and fun. However, come to think of it, the name Lego Technic is merely a title for roller coaster.

Call me a wimp or anything you desire, I appeared to be least interested in their rides. What's behind that devil-may-care facade, I was as timid as a mouse. Seriously speaking, I hate being scared if were to ask me.
Carissa has no fear for thrill rides like this. She sets her sight on something bigger.
On the other, the three of us who are in our 20s were TIMID! For rides like this, someone needs to force me onto that shit.
Both my auntie and uncle's family challenged themselves on that sick ride. Awesomely, Chee Choon was forced to sit with his father on that ride. Both the 12 years old boys admit that they abhor being thrilled by sitting on that ride. 
PLAYGROUND AT FORESTMAN'S HIDEOUT
xxx The kids had something lighter. No means of rides can fear Carissa. Hence, she sets out for something bigger while the boys succumbed to playing in the playground. What appears in the picture below is a collation of the kids sliding down a sheltered slide.
Bull-eye target board. 
A man in his 20s who fears Jacob's ladder all his life managed to survived through the mini version! When told that this particular obstacle is part of the criteria to pass BMT in NS, both the boys start to 'practise' on the 1.5 metres tall structure.
What appears below is a set of hideouts made of twigs. Guess that is one part of it that doesn't associate with the theme of Legoland.
BASKETBALL
xxx Chee Choon, Darrell, Hui Jie and me explored the theme park together as a mean of searching for something exciting. Partly also because we were parted with the rest of the members and we had to find them back. Until we arrived at a basketball booth, the two boys were thrilled when they saw Spongebox soft toy for a prize if they could hoop the ball.

Hui Jie borrowed some cash to kids after a constant begging and persuading. One ball RM10. What a steep price for one throw. The kids bargained with the man and managed to get five balls for RM20.  
Honestly speaking, the target boards weren't place at an unreachable distance. It was merely a two-pointer in specific.  
Why can't the regular basketballers win the game? The boys hysterically laughed at each other when none of the shots can get them the Spongebox. They even blamed on the net which they believed was a set-up to scam the patronizers. 
The kids took turn to try out the game.
CASTLE
Beautiful shots taken at the Castle at Kingdoms. 
YOUNG KNIGHTS
A giftshop that sells all the toys related to KINGDOMS. The kids had loads of fun playing around with the crowns and shields.
GAMES!!!
One of the games among those weird ones is Ball Throwing. I have no idea what is the name of the game but lets call it Ball Throwing anyway. The criteria to win a fluffy cow soft toy is that the participant must make sure that two balls do not bounce out of the pail. It's NOT Feasible ok! Not entirely, at least Shantelle managed to threw one ball in. TIPS for the games: One must hit the side of the pail in order to allow the ball swivels in.
18 points got Yu Teng a fluffy green dinosaur softtoy!!
Last updated by Ryan Ong on Oct 16, 2012 at 1337hrs