Saturday, October 20, 2012

Batam Indonesia Trip Day 1 Part B

GOLDEN PRAWN 933 is apparently the worst Seafood restaurant I ever visited in my whole lifetime. I know I sound biased here, but heck who cares?!The smell of the seafood already making me nausea and if I could I actually wanted to puke at the face of the cooks there. 

However, I seriously detest being the wet blanket especially going on a tour with family or friends know, I actually understand how irritating and repulsive that particular complain king could be. Hence, Since all the lunch at this Seafood Restaurant is prepaid, I had no choice but to succumb to the ugliest foods served at the restaurant. I didn't eat much though.

Enough of all the biased remarks, I don't want to get sued by the company for sullying the reputation of their business booming ground. Basically, Golden Prawn Restaurant is divided into two restaurants in one complex, built at wood and bamboo over the sea, Indonesia traditional serves a variety of local seafood with the sighting of Kampongs as the backdrop.   

The air in the kampong was musty. The corners were thick with rust. The water where the kampong stood were stale and repulsive.
Wondering why many people sitting on the same table as us? DUH, we were on a tour trip! Yes, at first it was super awkward when we sat around the table. Fortunately the family that we sat with were welcoming and super friendly. We chatted over the meal and became friends.

The Gong Gong Wei Siang picked for was super gross! It was not fresh and it smelled really repulsive. It was clearly rotten!!! Apparently, the hatred for seafoods grew deeper after experiencing the very first shellfood there!

A surge of disgust ballooned inside me when I forcefully attempted to shallow that chunk of smelly shit down my throat. My face twisted a grimace of disgust and threw up. The whole table soon burst into laughter. Before I tasted it, I already knew something like this would happen. As I couldn't reject Wei Siang's good will and insistence, I placed it on my tongue and learnt to appreciate the taste of it. Who knows it turned out into a mockery.
The coconut drink. The tour guide told us it was bad but actually I personally thought that it was deliciously refreshing and sweet. Kenneth picked the largest of all and one of the guys sat beside him joked, 'Wow, you are the quietest among us and you are also the master of picking coconut.'
I shouldn't have came with high expectation. After all, we paid only SDG69 for the whole trip!! I vouch that I will never return back to that place again!!
GOLDEN BEACH
I have no idea how the name came about because there wasn't any gold or something gold for that title to brag about. If I could rename it, I would call it Amusement Beach. Why? It is because the because the beach was filled with fun and interesting activities such as High Rope Team-Building and Flying Fox. These activities will help those who are acrophobic to conquer their fear in heights.

Kenneth was back in high spirit after lunch. He finally understood that we only left with half a day to spent in Batam.. Remember the purpose of going there was for the ends of escaping from the dullness of our hustle and bustle city and the never-ending misery of NS.

Our Dinner Vouchers!!!! But given the fact that I suffered from that crummy food back at Golden Prawn 933, it wouldn't be surprise if the foods turned up in Dinner was similarly terrible. 
Golden Beach Toilet. RP1000 per use. Who cares?
Unlike in Singapore, they do not have proper draining system. Those who wants to pass motion, a pail of yellowish water is provided for them to clean their asses.
Flying Fox!! Look at how brave Wei Siang is. Unlike Kenneth and me, we merely just stayed in the coach and enjoyed the air-con. However, I think that I'm worst than Kenneth because even it's in Singapore where safety is most compromised and tight I will never ever play with that.
According to Wei Siang, the Flying Fox wasn't as fun as he expected. The speed was slow and he didn't feel a thing about it. Perhaps it was that Spaceshot he attempted back in Genting last August which made him became immune in speed.
BENGKONG DRY MARKET
One of most boring places we went. Nothing much commendable. I'm not interested to credit any commission into your pocket, Miss Tour guide.
Mini eyes
Dilarang Parkir Motor/ Mobil. Anyone knows what it means?
Mini Eyes posed with Mini Bus.
Chewy Gums!! But I can't get these two bottles back to Singapore!
Last updated on Oct 23, 2012 at 1446hrs