Friday, October 05, 2012

My ORD Dinner Celebration @ Korean BBQ

It was supposedly a convivial and happy gathering between friends from ACC for my ORD dinner. However, money issues turned the experience in Korean BBQ sour and unpleasant for Wee Kiat who claimed to be cash-strapped. 

''Situation doesn't favor me. I am already disheartened with throwing so much money on the dinner. Apparently, I'm still made to spend another forty, fifty bucks for the chalet. Speaking from the heart, they are not feasible for me financially. Hence, allow me to withdraw from the event'', explained Wee Kiat.

Booking such an expensive and exquisite place for fine dining without his prior knowledge and discussion was like a SAR-21 shooting him down. The whole day he was quietly stoning without showing a sign of happiness. During a phone conversation with Wee Kiat, he further asserted that he was promised by Jasper that they would just have a five-dollar meal and apparently he was super furious because Jasper did not live up to his promise.

On the other hand, Jasper who was sitting next to me during the dinner, was super guilty when he grasped Wee Kiat's reaction. He nudged me and whispered, 'Personally I think this buffet is really too expensive. I don't mind changing to another place just to see Wee Kiat happy again'.

'In fact, Korean BBQ is crummy because they do not provide free-flow drinks and the cheek of them to charge their customers at such high prices. We shall not patronize this store again.', exclaimed Jasper.

On a personal view, drinking too much liquid is going waste your hard-earn money. Why? This is because drinks are dirt cheap; and by partaking them excessively is going to make your stomach full. Hence, I stood firmly on the famous Gourmet's proverbial it's the quality of the food, not their drinks and ice-cream. 

If not, JUST ACIA for every dinner will suffice for you since cheap foods are what you seeking for. No offense.

I am fascinated by their dustbin-look-alike seat. They actually thought up of such a brilliant idea to store your bags into it. Just don't forget to retrieve your belongings upon leaving.
Po Liang commented, 'They look worst than SFI food'. Yes, they look like. However, in terms of taste SFI food is tenfold worse than these mouth-watering BBQ foods.
CHICKEN. They are so gonna make sorethroat the next day. But heck, who cares? I'm going to eat you chicks up to my heart's content!
Super tasty treats.
Gourmets enjoying their awesome foods.
Bon Vivant!
Thank you guys for showing up at the event and I appreciate it with my deepest gratitude for this awesome dinner.
$197.74 for the total bill!!
And Leonard most honest feedback on the dinner:
Writing this post in general after some flaming activities I seen this past week:

Honestly hanging out outside, is gonna cost you some amount, whether it is traveling cost, eating cost, shopping cost etc.

Meeting up with peeps with generally diverse interests has made me learnt something, no matter how much or how little time and thought you've planned for a meet-up, there's BOUND to be screw-ups somewhere - not everyone will be a happy man end of the day.

So yeh. Suck it up you don't end up being the happy one. That's how Life's treating you, for now. 

Updated by MR Ryan Ong on Oct 09, 2012 at 1330hrs