Saturday, October 20, 2012

Batam Indonesia Trip Day 1 Part C

EN ROUTE TO TOA PEK KONG TEMPLE
After putting down all our baggages at Golden View Hotel, we proceeded back to the coach for another few more places before we were released for a free-and-easy tour at Batam Shopping Mall. 
What we did when Wei Siang dozed off in his seat. TIME TO ACT CUTE with Minieyes.
Guess Wei Siang had used up the battery life of his Tab 7.0. After the necessary praying in the temple, we walked around the area and took some pictures!
When asked why was he pointing in front, he merely answered, 'because I'm boarding the ship'.
The tail of the poor tiger fell off and it was left swinging in the air.
Kenneth was complaining that he was hungry due to the bad lunch earlier on. He needed something solid to satisfied his hunger for something nice.
Here's our tour guide, Tini, She recommended us the 'nine-layer' Kueh. 
An array of colorful Kuehs on display!
Another fragrant choice of snack recommended by Tini.
Back to coach!
Contributions by Wei Siang and Kenneth. I should feel guilty for not spending even a thousand rupiah to the food. That's why when both of them insisted that I must eat them and not to go hungry, I kept rejecting them. Kenneth was upset when I didn't want to eat and I couldn't be telling him the reasons because it would him even more sad.

When Wei Siang popped up with a mineral water and handed it to me, I felt even more guilty about it! He told me this: I actually wanted to buy the mineral water for you after I visited the toilet. But you followed so I had no choice but to make another trip to buy it.

Woah. I was touched he actually remembered that I said I needed water 30 minutes ago. Thanks bro.
Time to Instagram!
What's that he was eating? No idea.
'Help me take a photo', exclaimed Wei Siang. 
KAMPUNG OLEH-OLEH
I have no idea what it means by that. But judging by the stuff sold there, I believe it means souvenir shop.
Wei Siang always put himself in front of others. He bought a keychain for his cousin (i think).
Honestly, is there any thing money-valued you can find in this souvenir shop?
Minieye strikes a pose again. So cute.
Kenneth pointed to that Security Post and yanked, 'Hey, that's nice. Take the picture of it!'.
Oh, I love Smurfs!
I actually joked that Kenneth could wear those traditional dress and take a picture with it. He merely replied, 'You wear it and I give you 5 dollars'.
The keychains are adorable but they look so plastic and fake.
Things that I will never buy back home.
I love those tees... Haha
BATAM SHOPPING MALL.
iang. Finally, the best moment ever. You know what, guys? Tini was very noisy. I mean like she kept talking and talking in the coach! I actually don't need her to speak every second in the bus ride. I couldn't even sleep a wink. 
DINNER AT SHIHLIN TAIWAN STREET SNACKS
Cam-whore
I am so fucking sleepy. I actually almost fell asleep!
The duo are super tasty!! But they are damn unhealthy though!
Same as above. Super tasty but super unhealthy too. Luckily I was sharing the portion with Kenneth. Oh yeah, before that I mentioned I felt guilty that he actually shared his kuehs with me during the bus ride, so my turn to treat him back!
Egg roll.
FULL-BODY MASSAGE
The full-body massage was overall satisfactory. The money we paid for the package was worth the service we received.

As our tour group was relatively big, we had to wait at the waiting room prior to our turn. The ambience was okay and the mattress they provided was pretty low-class (see picture below). There was no music. Each of us was given a room, with a curtain that separated us from each other.

After changing to their shorts, a local masseur entered our room for an hour massage. When she attempted to rub the oil(I believe) on my legs, I letted out scream of pain and itch. The scream reverberated through the room.
Golden View Hotel
After what seemed like hours, we took the coach back to hotel. You guys guess what did Tini said before she left us? She actually went, ''放工咯!你们的事情不关我的事咯!'' In english, she meant, ''Time to knock off! Your problem is none of my business now!''

Wei Siang stayed at the ground floor of the hotel to watch his soccer while Kenneth and I went up to rest. My emotions got better of me and started not to talk a lot. I had no idea why I felt that way though. Kenneth noticed my sadness and attempted to coax me out to talk my problem. Of course I knew I shouldn't be acting that way but emotions struck me when I least expected.

In order to divert his attention to something else, I putted a happy front by making him did something silly by shooting some really *ahem* shots.
When Wei Siang returned back to hotel about one hour later, Kenneth suggested that we could actually walk around the hotel area. Although I was super tired, I actually complied as I did not want to be seen as a wet blanket. Afterall, we only had a day to enjoy ourselves in Batam.

After exploring the hotel, we figured out all the shops were closed. Even the lights in the ground floor of the hotel was switched off. Following up, we visited the KTV that was located at the basement of the hotel. When asked, the chinese manager told us that there was no more activities going on at that hour. It was around 0100hrs for goddess sake.

That moment, we just wanted to explore around the hotel. Hence we attemptted to explore further outside the hotel in pitch dark. Before we could walk further, the sounds of eerie musics entered our ears. Both Wei Siang and Kenneth thought that it must be someone singing.

But come on, who in the right frame of mind would on such a spooky musics and sing those songs. I felt so insecure and whatever ahead of us seemed so unpredictable. There must be reasons why the shops outside were ALL closed, right? At the same time, I sensed something not right and told both of them I saw 'them'.

Kenneth instantly started shaking and three of us took an U-turn back to hotel.
Updated on Oct 24, 2012 at 1155hrs