Friday, August 24, 2012

Rants Of Ryan About 708 SQN (Day 114/154)


As the proverbial time flies; when you ignore them wholly. Pink I/C day is drawing closer and closer when each day passes by. Maybe happiness is not the only word that can describe the feeling I have now. Hmm. I have another unspeakable feeling of what we might want to term as - can't-bear-to. In chinese we say 不舍得. Yes, I can't bear to part with my friends whom I have seen them day in day out.

Last time I didn't care two hoots about the squadron because we didn't know each other well enough. However, I feel that the nearer to the date of my ORD, the more unwilling I feel to leave the place. Good friends like Wei Siang and Kenneth are hard to find. Wei Siang has the most genuine heart while Kenneth has the kindest heart I have ever seen in my life so far. They are the ones whom I believe will stick with you when bad times arise.

Anyway, drop all that sentimental thing away.. I figure out that I always managed to escape away from the weekly squadron activities. Those who knows me well enough, I really detest basketball and soccer. They are the sports that I will never want to touch in my life. Maybe that's the reason why I never have many friends.

Each time when there's a squadron activity, there's always a way that paved nicely for me to escape from it. Like Tuesday, Mdm Esther tasked me make arrangement to liaise with whomever concerns with regard to the deferment of Leon's BMT. Whereas for Friday, Mdm Esther got me to be a photographer for the CEP at Changi Mess which last for the whole afternoon. Yes, I felt bad each time when I couldn't join them because the person who asked me to join them was Wei Siang.