Friday, August 24, 2012

A Friday Night Out at E!hub with Sister

Just like many National Service Full-timers (NSFs), my favorite day of the week is on a Friday! This is because we don't have to book in on Saturday and Sunday. If you ever have the chance to step into Pasir Ris Interchange on a Friday, You are able to catch a sight of thousands of Recruits chirping merrily away with their families, friends or their significant other. Those are the poor souls who apparently just got released from the 5 days of hell training in Palau Tekong.

When you are in Tekong, you basically miss everything - from your family, your best buddies, the internet in your Compaq Laptop, your games consoles, your favorite TV programs, your soccer match (favorite team), your high-teas and buffets, your daily naps to sleeping at the comfort of your bed. All your needed entertainments are taken away from your daily routine; every single then-luxury is slowly replaced with training, training and more training. 

Five months have passed since my last book-out in Tekong. Even though I don't have to book in and out every single Sunday anymore, Friday is still a day I most look forward to all the time when every Monday arrives! For boys who are still serving their time in Tekong: Please don't not absent yourself without official leave (AWOL) in any circumstances, your life will be miserable and a piece of hellhole you never want to have. 

On this Friday, I had a super nice dinner with Shantelle (my elder sister) at JustAcia in e!hub. No idea why I was pretty indecisive I wanted to eat for the meal because what I needed was something that I could fill my stomach to my satisfaction. No way my sister was going to tolerate my indecisiveness and she remarked, '哇。你比女人还惨。你一直不能决定要去哪里用餐。告诉我,你到底想要吃什么?What she basically trying to say was: You are worst than a woman. Why are you so indecisive? Tell me, what do you want to eat?

Yeah, my stomach was still pretty full from consuming too much liquid earlier in the day. That's the reason why I didn't have much appetite to eat despite it was already 2000hrs at that moment of time. I just want something appealing, appetizing and that can satisfy every single cell of my taste bud on my tongue. 
Creamy Chicken Spagetti - my dinner!
 Beef noodle - Shantelle's dinner!
 A cup of warm chocolate milk
 My favorite choices of flavors (yam, mango and strawberry) for my complimentary ice-cream!
 Yam, Vanilla, Chocolate and Coffee flavored ice-cream for Shantelle!! 
Our choices fell between bowling and singing after taking our dinner. We chose to sing K at Party World!!

I felt so bad. I should have told my elder sister about the meeting with my friend at 2200hrs. If it hasn't for that moment of fun and selfishness, Kenneth wouldn't have the spent that kind of unnecessary cab fares. Luckily, Kenneth was really forgiving and understanding.
The sofa.
Feet massage machine!!
The KTV machine
Complimentary Tidbits and Beverages

The whole time of merrymaking in the lounge was fun. We were two people but we got high. Especially after completing each Mayday's Song, we would jump around and laughed like a bunch of mischievous monkeys. Seriously, singing Mayday's musics really lift our mood. Big time. Well, all I can say is that we both were pretty hype-up and we sang at the top of our voice. 

Around 2320hrs, when I dragged Kenneth along with me into the KTV lounge. Upon seeing him, my sister stopped singing. Believed it was that she didn't feel comfortable with his presence (Thanks to me for having no concept of time. Could have planned it better).

I was out with Kenneth all the way till 0215 before sending him to the bus-stop.