Friday, August 03, 2012

708 Cohesion

To thank all those who had been working conscientiously in 708 SQN for the past years, a cohesion (Wei Siang's suggestion) was held at Warner's Oven on a Friday's evening. 

'It's not a celebration', said CO 708. 'It's an event for all of us to show a token of appreciation to those who have been posted out and ORD-ed personnel for their contribution during the past years', CO continued. 
Horribly, I had two episodes of toilet-visiting owing to bad runs before I finally stepped into Warner's Oven with Yon Son. Blame on me who greedily drank two bottles of Yakult the night before! 

I had a hunch that we would cross path somewhere at Bedok Interchange before an SMS received from Yon Son stating, 'Lol joking la. I at Bedok Interchange le. You reach le?'. And we really did. The possibility of this coincidence is definitely more than eighty percents. To think that we both returned home from a far place and left house about the same time. 

Come on, dude. You must be kidding. Of course not, I was freaking stranded in the crowded train near Tanah Merah area en route to Bedok Station when I received your message. Maybe he must have forgotten that I had the whole afternoon spent in Pasir Laba Camp locating at the other side of Singapore. 

I haven't got a chance to speak much words because Yon Son spent most of the time ranting about how horrible and cowardice his new unit was. By now, he is still pretty unhappy with the posting at Sembawang; and like what he used to grumble when he was still in unit, the Sergeant-to-be could only blame on his fate to leave 708. 

Some forty regulars and NSFs were invited to the cohesion. The whole cafe was separated into halves by a huge red curtain dividing us from the public. We were sitting in our respective flights - CT Flight, GS Flight (MT Line), GE Flight (SQCP) & Commanders 'Fight'. Poor Kenneth got to sit with people he dislikes, and he spent the whole time playing with his iPhone there. 

My appetite was horrible; probably I was still upset with my bloated stomach. A small portion of pork, an half-size sausage, a bowl of Mushroom Soup and a piece of Pretzel were what I had for the repast. The taste of the bread wasn't as stupendous as I thought, it was simply rock hard and amazingly tasteless;  the sausage was super huge and greasy and the mushroom soup was almost bland to the taste.
 Ah Pok & Me
 Jack, Ryan (Me) & Eric
 Zhi Xin & Yon Son
 Wei Siang & Jian Hui
 I believe my photography's skills are so much better than the rest. If this comment ever come across as arrogance or cockiness or both, then maybe you should look at the next photo below. Anyway, the SQCP Family Portrait.
A group photo with our then-OC(GE) of 708 SQN
 Rene & Yon Son
 Sigh, always bully Rene.
  Storemen of 708 lest Zhi Xin and Yon Son
The MT-Line people
 Like Wei Siang stated: We're the Genting Khakis.
At 2130hrs, a heartwarming de-brief was held by our CO and a gift presentation followed after his speech to mark the night with sounds of convivial merriment. For our Yon Son, Adrian, K.A Tan, Benson(absent) & Mr James: Hope you guys enjoy the accompany of 708 for the dinner. 

CO & Yon Son
 CO & Adrian
 CO & K.A Tan
 CO & Mr James
NOTE: This post is written on Aug 04, 2012 at 0325hrs with the best of my memory.