Saturday, August 18, 2012

Working at Volkswagen (Macpherson)

I was really out of mind. Rising up early on a Saturday was definitely more than an uphill task. Just imagine you had a week share of 'waking up early for work' moment and the next day you had to crawl out of the bed for work.

Yes, I'd not put the blames on you even you got that impetus to ask this: Who in the right frame of mind would want to work like cows and horses on weekends when they could gleefully sleep at the comfort of their own bed till noon arrived? (unless you are seriously cash-strapped)

To that question: Ask yourself from the bottom of your heart, what would you normally do on weekends? I believe at least 70% of you guys would be merrymaking outside and this, you can't deny at the slightest. When you're out of your home, you splurge on food, clothes and entertainment.

Not to exaggerate some facts, but if you bother to do a flashback on how much money you had wasted on these materials in past few weekends, I bet you had blown more than at least hundred bucks away from your wallet.

In that case, instead of spending time and money on your wants, why not invest all your energy on a job to satisfy your financial needs? It's the same thing after all. At work you still are able to spend time socializing with your colleagues and customers? After-all, isn't all about socializing with people?

While I admit it's waste of time and energy working on weekends on the onset, but come to think of it I earned something worthy of my time in the end which is undoubtedly MONEY. You probably got to be self-motivated before you actually consider giving up your weekends for it. Trust me, you will feel good after a hard's day work. You reap what you sow.

Received a job offer from Jason
I received an invitation SMS from Wei Siang's friend, Jason requesting me to work at an event in Volkswagen (Macpherson's Road) on Aug 18, 2012, Saturday from 0730hrs to 1900hrs. I felt that a little bit of indecisive because Wei Siang would not be able to commit this time round as he had already found a better job(I believe) somewhere else.

On the other hand, since I was gifted with an opportunity to earn some fast cash, then I have nothing to lose by accepting the offer. Of course, I was not determined to work alone so I offered Hui Jie to join me as well. Getting him to work is a piece of piss, a piece of cake, a breeze..

The most cheesy dialogue between both of us as shown below:

Me: Hey, do you want to work on this coming Saturday?
Hui Jie: Uhmm ...
Me: There are an array of delicious foods available there. Imagine you can have them all on the house as and when you desire (Actually, the foods are not for the workers. Just a nice tactic to lure a foodie). Pretty good deal right?
Hui Jie: But... 
Me: Don't hesitate anymore. Besides the indulgent of fine delicacies, we have many young and vivacious girls waiting for you there. How can you ever miss out this golden opportunity to mingle with the beauties?
Hui Jie: Since you said so, the situation is different in this case now. Okay, I will work with you tomorrow.

That's lecherous (Heh. Just kidding). I always knew girls are his weakness.

The distinction between Volkswagen at Alexandra and Macpherson is that at Alexandra's, there are more varieties to choose from, more customers (though most of them came for free meals) and more spacious walking space.

At Macpherson, you don't have to work with insanity and then feel demoralized to earn a meagre pay after a hard day's work. Of course with a less busy place, you don't expect time to pass as fast as at Alexandra's. Besides having much freedom to do whatever you want, an array of foods are offered for you on the table to eat at your own heart's content (No la, just kidding).

Punctuality Issue
As what the title suggested, I was late for work. If not for a wake-up call from Hui Jie, I could have flung the whole thing flat. Anyway, I definitely was aware of my irresponsible course of action to actually wake up later than Hui Jie as I was the one who is duly responsible to facilitate this whole job thing. Blame on myself own follies, I ended up heart-painfully flushing a whooping sum of SGD15.20 down the drain by paying for the taxi's fare.

Happenings
We had been goofing around at work. The whole day we spent kicking our legs, chatting, using i-net and munching the pizzas and ice-creams away (Oops!). Kudos to the low customers flow throughout the day, you basically just felt like getting free cash and go.

Below are the compilation of things we had done for part of the day.

Smothering away the pizzas
 Arranging the pizzas in order.
 Baking the pizzas..40% of the pizzas were consumed by us instead of the customers. For the record, they indented for more than 200 customers which was far less than predicted.
 Using i-Net. Is that what your boss pay you to do?
 Every one hour or so, a customer will stop by for an ice-cream.cAnyway I have consumed a total of 7 ice-creams (I have yet to try all the flavors) and more than 20 pieces of mini pizzas (I think). Anyway, don't blame us. Jason was the one who said we could eat the pizzas since there wouldn't be much customers for the whole day. 
 Yes, at certain period of time, I have to admit that time passed at a snail's crawl. However, when you were chatting away (especially with Hui Jie's OGL, Sebastini), time flew away like a blink of an eye.  

Something Hilarious
Let me share with you some funny facts about Hui Jie. By reading thus far, I believe that all of you already know the true purpose of why Hui Jie wanted to work with me on Saturday. I shouldn't have been so bastard by whispering Hui Jie's plot into Jason's ear, as this has resulted him being teased for the whole day. 

Upon grasping his motive, Jason distinctively pointed to one of the girls sitting less than 10 meters away and hollered, "Hui Jie, is that the girl you want to know?" To hide his embarrassment, Hui Jie swapped place with the girls manning the ice-cream stall where he could be wholly concealed from their vision.
After about 10 minutes later, the girl then approached him at the ice-cream stall and asked, 'Heard that you want to know me.' Now I bet you can imagine how red Hui Jie's face went.

Some girl we met there
I hate the fact when girls who call someone ugly when they themselves are not pretty at the slightest. While I admit that someone out there (Not determined to expose his identity) is fairly good-looking but it doesn't mean that she has the rights to draw comparisons, make unnecessary comments and sow discords between all of us.

I sort of felt happy when she was heavily teased (more like being disparaged to me) by both someone & someone she secretly admired.

The cheek of her to ask for a man who is super good looking. Anyway, none of her SP she proudly show off to us is good-looking. Not saying all these out of jealousy, but those words are definitely from the very bottom of my heart.

Eat after work
Don't feel like eating with her.
A confluence of few factors. 
Firstly, I don't feel comfortable with her. 
Secondly, I don't want to know her better. 
Lastly, I don't like the way she bluntly puts her words.
 Like seriously, how can you keep praising other men in front of men and then made a sensitive comment: 吃不到葡萄吃葡萄酸
Whatever.