Sunday, August 26, 2012

Leonard ORD Celebration (Actual)

Before I shall disclose the happenings for the day, let's do a quick recap on how many ACC friends' outings that had been organized for the whole of August..

26/08/2012 - Leonard's ORD Celebration at Marina Square

SIX! No wonder I feel broke all the time. Considering karaoke alone, I've been doing it ten times with my friends this year. I've done my mathematics as evident here.

Don't get me wrong. I don't blame the failure of my whole saving up plan on anyone particularly when I was part of the organizers in our group outings. At least all the money spent during the outings were worthwhile since all of us enjoyed each other company! 

I don't know if others hold the same thought as me: having meals and bowling games together are so much better than singing karaoke. Part of the reasons was because we had too much K sessions this year and such an entertainment no longer sustain anymore interest in me. 

Bad habit dies hard. I was more than 1.5 hours late then the planned time. As for the reasons why I was late this time round, are comprises of two reasons: 

1) Having just woke up less than an hour prior to meeting time
2) Parents already bought my lunch
Roger, Leo, Kelvin, Leonard, Jasper, Ryan(me), Keith and Christopher
Boys and girls, please don't question me if this Steamboat Buffet money-worthy or not because I have not tried it before. The auntie (the shopkeeper) has been really nice to offer both Keith and me for a drink on the house. Really, all her kindness and generosity has made my day a better day.  
An array of chinese delicacies for consumers' choice.
Ingredients for Steamboat



I personally find ice-cream serve the best dessert after meal. They make you happy and they make you fat too. Quite an interesting analogy though.

Suggested by Jasper, our group leader, we made our way to Bugis Junction for a Venezia Gelato Italiano Ice-Cream! As none wanted to share the cost of the ice-cream with Roger, I accepted Roger's request voluntarily since it was all for the ends of saving money.

Just imagine, 3 flavors for half the price of it. Besides, I can't finish them too. Isn't it killing two birds with one stone? Am I using the right phrase/idioms or whatever you wanna call it?
Roger making payment for the ice-cream!
As the shop banner suggests, Venezia Gelato Italiano 
So delicious!!
Lured by the multi-colorness, frangrance and attractiveness of the ice-cream, majority of us dug our wallet for it!
Roger waiting impatiently for the ice-cream.
Roger and my ice-cream
Ferrero, Mint and Cookies and Cream flavor.. 
Daytona at the Arcade
You people think that acting arrogance the best way to prove you're better than others and when Roger defeated you people in Daytona you labelled his victory with terms such as 'tyco' (pure luck) and 'cheating', and claim him a bad player; whereas your own victory is incredible and indispensable gospel truths. How pretentious.


Anyway, we had a pretty joyous time pitting against each other with our skills. Didn't expect all of them are pretty skillful at the game. Oh blast, I almost forgot that they are games fanatics to begin with. For those who don't know what Daytona is, here's a picture that paints the whole idea what it is all about:


Equipped with multi-players function, the eight of us has fully occupied the whole row of the machine!

For the record, Roger was really good at the game. It's just too bad that his complacence with his victory on the first game was self-defeating in the next round. On the contrary, I was atrocious at the game all the time. You know, some people can play video games like a closed book while others struggled no matter how frigging hard they try.

MBS Joke
As you guys know, Roger never fail to make himself a butt of joke where ever he goes. Some find him a great source of entertainment while some find him a sheer embarrassment. Anyway, here's an epic joke he'd made when we were going up the escalator at one of the blocks in Suntec City.

Before I shall disseminate any details, here's a little background of the whole situation:
Roger suggested to open up a hotel in Marina Bay Sands. By now you Singaporeans should know how steep the price for a night there. For goodness sake - 500 bucks a night. On a personal note, I have no qualms about the money for this little luxury once in a blue moon. But, come on, you're asking others to pay 100 bucks when you did not properly discussed with them. 

You know when I disseminate to the other guys, all my response were about the same: If he paid for everything, I'd be glad to attend it.

Anyway, here's the epic joke as promised earlier:
Roger: Guys, let's open up a hotel at MBS!
Han Boon: I'd rather you paying it for the trip to Thailand for naked girls.
Roger: (amazingly loud) What?! Half or full-naked?
By then, every single people lining up in front and at the back of him at the escalator were giving him mockery stares.

As we walked by this K-POP Tara's album, Hui Jie made a pretty funny comment about this picture. 'You see, Cos play' was what he exclaimed excitedly to me. I really have no idea what was going through his mind before he made such an ignorant and inane comment. What a schmuck.  



I'm at a payphone trying to call home and all my changes spending on you... was what Roger hummed to the phone.

Bowling Game
Playing just a single game was my original intention. However, in order not to be a wet blanket I followed the rest to play for the second round.


You know that kind of feeling? Once you won a game or wager, you never want to leave others with that kind of impression you will lose on the second round. Of course when I said I wanted to stop playing, the guys were right when they made this comment: You scared that you will lose, right? Don't be a 

When you guys made a wager that I will win, the whole game my hands and legs were shaking pretty badly-  I never felt that NERVE WRECKING before in bowling games... IF you guys are observant enough, each round attempted was played with an utmost prudence. Fortunately, I scored better in the second round, albeit I didn't win the game.

Roger
We were not pitting against him in the very first game we played last time. It was him who first made those mockery comments each time we lost to him. Then that made us felt being heavily spited and disparaged by his victory of PURE LUCK. YES, we looked down on him to a certain degree which we can never deny at the slightest. He is just too kiddish to the point of cuteness.

When Roger rolled the ball to gutter, he'd be making inane comment such as: I lost because you guys cursed me.. you are all so bustard!! Keep cursing me to 打歪打歪!


Roger's not going to lose anyway. He's planning to beat Hui Jie this time round!
Wee Kiat on the go!
Acting cute?? Can't remember what happen though!
Too funny to comment.


'You can put your bottom dollar that Ryan will win the game', exclaimed Han Boon. 'On the other hand, I'm so disppointed in you, Hui Jie.' exclaimed Han boon. Hui Jie fared pretty well at the beginning; and when he hit beyond the third round the constant gutters and missed had proven his strike on the second round as a pure luck. 

On the other hand, Leonard's persistence to wager on Wee Kiat's victory has finally proved him right.  'You did not disappoint me, Wee Kiat'', exclaimed Leonard. Yes, Wee Kiat has made his comeback when he got his first strike at the 6th round. Maybe in recreational sport games such as bowling, being humble is the best policy.

'I'll beat you out of the daylight for defeating me, Hui Jie!' yanked Roger uncontrollably. Simmer down, dude. Don't be a fussy kid, you schmuck  It was only a fluke that Hui Jie defeated you.

As for the victory in bowling game, I am not sure where the big hoo-hah stems from since all of us must have scored a few strikes or spares in one game or another as well.
Keith made his comeback!! Back to those glorious days of victory!
Bowling KHAKIS!

My dinner for the night!! Can you smell the fragrance of my Hotplate Chicken Rice 
Dinner at Marina Square!
Playing Tekken + Street Fighter game at HMV
At the end of the day, when all the merrymakings have to come to an end. We played bastard on Roger. He was speaking on the phone to what we known as 'Sean' for hours on end. There's something that I can never comprehend about Roger; why is there a need to distant from us when he talked on the phone. And when he talked he could talk for the whole train ride. When we alighted at the Paya Lebar, we decided to sneak out of the train from the circle line. We ran our way up to the Paya Lebar in the East-West Line. Though we are were aware that he was tailing behind us but we soon lost track of him when we were safely vanished from Roger's view.

Originally, Roger wanted to show Wee Kiat the way back from Eunos and now he alighted from the Bedok station by himself without showing a single trace of remorse and embarrassment (I think I have used the wrong words). Anyway, we were bastard by Roger instead if doing the opposite.