Saturday, August 11, 2012

3D2N Genting Escapance - Day 1

It's been a good three years after my last holiday trip to Hong Kong with family. This year, in 2012, my friends in 708 and I went for a getaway in Genting Highlands. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city in Singapore, Genting is definitely a great(economy) place for us to relax and unwind ourselves.

Therefore, for those who is planning a trip to this wonderful paradise anytime soon, you may wish to 'take a leaf' out from my Genting experiences shared in this blog - here, where good things are meant to be shared. =)

Disclaimer: I do not own the picture below. It was a just a happy coincidence that I found this pretty cool photo while browsing through blogs.

The sky was still dark.  I was wilting under the fatigue-feeling in my body after a sleepless night. I was beat. I was excited. My mind was not in the least tired.

The whole night long I was preparing and assuring all the necessities were well-prepared. At 0400hrs, I headed off to Kenneth's apartment via cab and then the three of us stopped by Mac Donald for a quick bite.
I believe you guys must have heard this from someone or another in your life: Refrain from consuming liquid a few hours before a long bus ride. Many thoughts flashed across my mind - especially the happy ones, and I know this trip would definitely be really fun and cool.

At 0545, we boarded our 5 stars bus beside Tampines 1. Five Stars Agency does offer luxurious and spacious coach, the 18-seater express bus also offers ample legs room, video on-demand and even massage. We were allocated with the last three seats at the upper deck of the bus!

At 0600hrs, the bus finally started its engine and off we went! Beautiful sunrise fell across the sky, bet Kenneth and Wei Siang didn't have a good night rest as both of them were sleeping almost throughout the whole journey. The movies provided by the TV was crummy and none suits my taste. I barely switched on for 10 minutes before turning it off again.
 Adjusting the volume of the TV, Kenneth planned to watch some random movies to kill his boredom.
 Enjoying watching the movies..
 6 hours of a long bus ride, the two guys fell asleep amidst the journey
Every 2 to 3 hours, the coach will stop by somewhere for us to release the water from our bladders. For every coach trip, the bus will also stop by Yong Ping for a short break which is an hour away from the Malaysia's custom.

At 1230hrs, we finally arrived at First World Hotel. Imagine it's the first time Kenneth ever visit Genting.  His happy face was priceless and come on anyway, it was also the first time we travelled together with friends.

After roaming around the hotel's shops and its indoor theme park, we decided that we should play some bowling games! Kenneth dropped the balls. Despite both Wei Siang and I taught him how to throw the balls properly, he somehow couldn't grasp our meaning. But heck, who cares? All we know that this holiday trip we should truly enjoy the serenity and fun together for the next two days.
 DUH,  I won the first game
Wei Siang leads the game on the second round
 Demonstration of how Kenneth bowled.
At dinner, we had the worst meal ever in our whole lifetime - the Hot Pot. The soup was okay. The taste of their chicken was bad and stale. We each spent about RM50 for this disastrous treat. Nevertheless, it was still a pretty fun-filled dinner for all of us. Don't spoil that holiday mood!
There were so many nice food to eat, then why were we eating this. Pardon me, we are all NSFs and we went on budget because we were pretty broke and moneyless. That sort of make us restrictive to lots of fun and entertainment.
Wei Siang & Ryan (me)
Wei Siang and Kenneth
Can't believe a quiet boy like Kenneth would act cute in front of us. That's the true form of Kenneth Yik..
 We found a T-Bear food.
 Acting cute with T-bear food..
 I have no idea why WS pointing at the name. Not as if they are offering good food.
Wanna some babes for the night? Genting Highland does have some woman service there..
 While Kenneth and Wei Siang were indulging in foot massage, I stood outside the shop and watched the street performance! 
 As obviously shown on the banner, it's Genting International Magic Festival!
 A street performing by an amazing Chicago Magician
 The choice of buying the Pizza back to hotel was perfect. 
 When the night fell across the beautiful mountain, we snuggled up onto the bed and had a hearty pizza treat. 
As if within a split second, one day was gone and we had enjoyed the day thus far. Oh by the way, I met my parents at the hotel earlier in the noon!  

Last updated on 15/08/20122, 2115hrs