Sunday, September 23, 2012

We Get Conned

You guys probably don't know the pain of waking up early and get conned by some random, idiotic newspaper ads publisher! In order to protect the identity of the conman, I shall not disclose his particulars.

Incident 
This incident took place yesterday (Sep 22, 2012) at Burger King in Terminal 1 at Changi Airport around 0930hrs.

I felt deeply regretful and apologetic for implicating Hui Jie with the confluence of a few factors:
1)  Wasted his time with me at Changi Airport early in the morning
2)  Wasted his money to buy The Strait Times to find the job I was raving all day but to no avail.

We were supposed to wait at Burger King at 9am (Blame it on my idiocy) I shouldn't have agreed to travel all the way to Changi Airport, Terminal 1 (Need to take the Sky Train some more) when I was fully aware that I would be working in an hour more.

However, I felt relief throughout the whole incident because for a very single reason - I hate the fact that I have to work 12 hours a day if that man hired me. You know, even I love money a lot but working half of my day away can make me very emotional.

Blame it on my soft-hearted self, I find it difficult to reject people even he/ she is a complete stranger. That's why I always being taken advantage of. I am fully aware of my own doings and I've been trying to change for the better but always ended up in a mess. Seriously, I literally can never imagine what my life would be if I signed this bond. The proverbial all work and no play make Jack a dull boy, really makes a lot of sense during this time round.

All in all, I owe it to you Hui Jie. But I have already return you the favor by accompanying you to have breakfast at Burger King despite I knew very well that I would be freaking late when I reached my workplace. 

But still, I'm sorry.