Saturday, September 22, 2012

Working Experience at PP #3

CREDITS:
WEI SIANG Thank you for introducing this job for me. If not for your recommendation, I wouldn't have earn this hundreds of bucks. Also, I know this may sound really cliche, but nevertheless, thank you for taking the trouble to come all the way to Funan IT Mall on the second day of my job to assist me!

HUI JIE  Kudos to you for not grumbling too much when we were both 'conned' by the manager of the Luggage Operations. Of course, thank you for accompanying me all the way to T1 and made the first two hours a better place to pass time for me.

KENNETH  Thank you for SMS-ing me throughout the whole day during my work on both weeks without fail. I'm really heartened with the fact that you actually bothered to think of visiting me at T1 (Too bad, I've moved to PP).

KEITH  Thank you for traveling all the way down to Funan IT Mall on the first day of my job! I really feel happy that someone could accompany me the whole bus journey back home.

WEI ZONG  Thank you for complimenting on my promoting skills! You really kickstart my day with that little praise!

TRANSFERRED TO PARKWAY PARADE
Due to bad sales in the roadshow at Tampines I, Boon Ling transferred me to Parkway Parade! She claimed that the sales there is pretty good and all.

Yay! I actually preferred to work in solitary because I can enjoy the freedom of choosing my own rest time without being disparaged by anyone. 'I don't need the extra money. I just want to go home!'

BAD SALE
The sale was bad. Most customers asked a lot of question and then went with 'Oh, Thank you.' or 'I will consider and come back again'. Pui! Most of them who said that didn't return back! To make matter worse, what opposite Best Denki (where I work) was another retail store Harvey Norman. I guess they must have purchased the product there instead.

BETTER CROWD
Anyway the crowd is definitely better than Funan! at least there are people come to me and asked for information on SAMSUNG Products.


REVIEWS OF MY POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS
POTENTIAL CUSTOMER  #1
There was this Filipino dad queried about SAMSUNG Note 10.1. He exerted that his son is an Architect so the product he wants to purchase must be in every way benefit his son. 

Chance arose, how could I forgo it?? I saw CA$H flying around me! However, in order not to sound pushy and scare him off, I putted in my best attempt by remaining humble but at the same time delivering it with an affirmative tone: 


'You may want to consider buying a SAMSUNG Note 10.1 for your son because I believe what an Architect needs is a device whereby he can draw using a pencil. Hence, the styler provided will definitely comes in handy for his working purpose. 

If you are worry about the limited softwares for your son in our display sets, the good news is that we have an application called PlayStore, where you can download complimentary relevant apps for your son to facilitate with his drawing.  

Compared with other phones/ tabs in the current market, I strongly believe that only SAMSUNG NOTE 10.1 can do this. Maybe you could have this flyer and share with your son. If your son is interested, you can come back here again. 

For the record, I will be working on every weekend. (Boon Ling mentioned that I may be stationed at PP permanently but it will always be good to give customer an affirmation. However if I could, I would probably tell him this: I would give you a huge discount if you could come back next time)'.

CUSTOMER RESPONSE 'Really appreciate your help. What's your name?'. I know I could have sealed this deal if his son was there with him. 

POTENTIAL CUSTOMER #2
oh, there was another customer wanted to buy 2 tabs if we could give him a discount! He didn't buy anything at all though.

POTENTIAL CUSTOMER #3
Damn it. There was one man who wanted to buy S3 but BEST DENKI don't sell phones.

WEIRD CUSTOMER
There was this female customer in her 50s who was playing around with the tab for at least 30 minutes. It was only when the screen started to flicker then she started to make a move. 

During the course of the whole incident, I went up to one of the full-timers and complaint: This lady has been standing at my booth for a long time. She is actually affecting my business by blocking my customers!

The full-timer merely replied, 'Don't chase her away. When customer comes, you can just politely tell her to move away.' When approached, the lady asked me how to delete the searched words from the search engine. She mentioned that she was pretty concerned with privacy and security because if she purchase this product it will be shared among many people.

Most of the time, NO SALES. However, I still find it better than Funan. No, I think Funan was better in terms of sale because there was one female purchaser who got herself a piece of Samsung Note 10.1 without much persuasion.

FULL-TIMER
OMG, he creeps me out. This mid-40 to early-50 self-exclaimed full-timer was overly-friendly with me. He kept walking towards me and ask me a lot of questions. Around dinner's time, he asked if I would like to have dinner together with him. I pretended that I was meeting someone by holding my phone.

When I asked him for the boss to sign my timesheet, he went 'You don't have to worry about anything because I'm a full-timer and people come to me for advices all the time. If you don't believe what I exerted, you can come with me and I will show what I said is true.'

He brought me to the malay supervisor. I didn't know what he was saying but I just did what he deemed fit.
I eat alone with a 90 cents bread from Cold Storage. I feel so pathetic. 
My thoughts of the sales today:
I strongly believe that most promotors have already sealed many deals during the launch of the Samsung S3 and Note 1.0. Hence, you must convince the customers that SAMSUNG has better things than than Apple. Let customers know that SAMSUNG has many things Apple cannot do, e.g. Multi-screen, S note etc..

Behind SAMSUNG's superiority facade, Apple has way better perfomance (IOS) than android in terms of processor. We need to pull customer back to us. Personally, I'm an avid fan of Apple products and I have iPod, iPad and a MacBook Pro. However I can't agree more that SAMSUNG NOTE 10.0 really win iPAD two hands down in terms of their applications. Oh, I feel like a betrayal now.